ICY DOCK MB973SP-B Trayless 3 in 2 Cage
Holds up to 3 x 3.5" SATA HDD into two 5.25" device bays. Screw-less, tool-less design for genuine plug and play and hot swap use.
Introducing the new face of Icy Dock screw-less technology, the MB973SP-B 3-in-2 SATA Backplane. This product allows the user to install 3 x 3.5” SATA hard drives into a computer case’s 2 available 5.25” device bays. Using our world renowned screw-less technology, no screws or tools are required to insert or eject the drives making hot swapping a completely hassle free experience.
The front of the device includes childproof power buttons for each drive which require the button to be pressed slightly deeper than normal to ensure that a drive is not accidentally turned off by bumping into it or rubbing against it. These power buttons also act as an LED indicator showing drive power and activity. Similarly, each drive door has a multi-locking latch mechanism to prevent a door from being opened easily, making it an ideal solution for systems where IT and non-IT personnel have access. Also on the front are USB and eSATA ports to quickly and easily connect external storage peripherals, especially useful for cases that do not have front/top port access.
On the rear of the MB973SP-B is a monster 80mm cooling fan to pull cool air from the front ventilation slots, over the drives, and exhaust the warm air out through the rear ventilation slots. The fan also features an “on-demand” power system, so that the fan is only powered on if a drive’s power is on. So even if all 3 slots are filled, the fan will only spin if one of the drives is powered on. And if the included fan is not enough, it can be upgraded to use most aftermarket 80mm case fans that use a 2 or 3 pin connector, giving the user a wide range of choices according to their preferences. To further the user’s customization, a 3 speed fan control is built in letting the user choose between high, low, or auto. The auto setting uses our Smart Cooling Technology to adjust fan speed according to the cooling requirements of the drives. An internal SATA cable and USB header connector are also built into the rear for easy connection to the systems motherboard or add-on card.
- Fits 3 x 3.5” SATA HDD into 2 x 5.25” Device Bays
- Screw-less, tool-less design for genuine plug &play and hot swap use
- Stylish aluminum body construction for durability and heat dissipation
- 80mm cooling fan for maximum air flow
- On-demand power system - Fan power only when a drive is powered on
- Fan is replaceable with aftermarket fans that use 2-pin or 3-pin connectors
- 3 speed fan control including Smart Cooling Technology providing temperature
- Front and rear ventilation slots
- Front side USB and eSATA ports for convenient external storage connections
- Individual power switches and LEDs for each drive
- Child-proof power buttons to avoid accidental power shut down
- Multi-locking door latches to prevent accidental drive ejection
- Internal SATA cable and USB header cable built into rear of device
- 3 year warranty
- Model Number: MB973SP-B
- Color: Black
- Drive Fit: 3.5 “ SATA 1.5 / 3 Gbit/s hard drive x 3
- Host Connection: 7 pin SATA port x 3 for HDD, 7 pin SATA connector x 1 for front Panel eSATA port, 5 pin USB 2.0 connector x 1 for front Panel USB port
- Device Space: 5.25" half height device bay x 2
- Transfer Rate: Up to 3 Gbit/s. (depending on hard drive speed)
- Insert & Extract connection Via: Direct SATA hard drive connection
- Front Panel Contents: eSATA Port x 1 & USB 2.0 Port x1, Adjustable fan speed control (High/Low/Auto)
- Structure: Aluminum body w/ partial plastic
- Drive Cooling: Removable rear outtake fan w/ aluminum heat dispersion
- Cooling Fan Type: 80mm ball bearing fan with 2 or 3 pin connector
- Power Indicator: Blue LED
- HDD Access Indicator: Flashing blue LED
- Dimension (L x W x H): 8.27" x 5.83" x 3.35"
- Weight: 1.97 lbs
Here's What Our Customers Have To Say About Us
We've been selling computer storage online since 1999 and have built a loyal following of Fortune 500 companies, educational institutions, government agencies, multimedia studios, consultants, you name it.
Our mission is to be competitive on selection and prices, while providing truly unmatched personal service. Everyone you reach here has in-depth experience with RAID storage. This means we can provide real-world insight into topics like performance, compatibility, bang for the buck, and the best solution for your needs.read more
|Register (New)||Privacy||About Us||Canada|
|Location: PC PitStop | 16321 Westwoods Business Park | Ellisville, MO 63021|
|Toll Free: (800) 298-4173 | Local: (636) 527-5924 | Fax: (707) 598-2734|
|Hours: Monday to Friday, 9AM - 5PM CST | Email: [email protected]|
|Copyright © 1999-2019 PC PitStop, all rights reserved, all customers served|