SAS Failover Cluster
A SAS failover cluster is an application of high availability in which you have multiple servers connected to the same SAS storage. If one server fails, another server transparently takes over and there is no downtime. Note that this setup requires clustering support in the operating system. We use SAS subsystems with built in RAID controllers for higher reliability, easier and clearer management interfaces, better logging and much better performance than comparable solutions.
Our SAS failover cluster scenario requires:
- A SAS enclosure with built-in RAID such as a RAID Machine S6424RM.
- Two or more servers with same or similar hardware.
- An OS which supports failover clustering, such as Windows Server 2012.
- A SAS switch (required if more than two servers) such as the Astek A54812-SW.
- SAS HBAs for each server to connect to the SAS switch. We recommend the LSI 9300-8E.
Typical SAS Failover Cluster Scenarios
- Storage Subsystem With Two Nodes: Two servers are directly connected to the RAID storage.
- Storage Subsystem with SAS Switch: The RAID storage is connected to the SAS Switch, and X number of servers are connected to the switch for failover. This allows clusters with more than two nodes.
Here's What Our Customers Have To Say About Us
We've been selling computer storage online since 1999 and have built a loyal following of Fortune 500 companies, educational institutions, government agencies, multimedia studios, consultants, you name it.
Our mission is to be competitive on selection and prices, while providing truly unmatched personal service. Everyone you reach here has in-depth experience with RAID storage. This means we can provide real-world insight into topics like performance, compatibility, bang for the buck, and the best solution for your needs.read more
|Register (New)||Privacy||About Us||Canada|
|Location: PC PitStop | 16321 Westwoods Business Park | Ellisville, MO 63021|
|Toll Free: (800) 298-4173 | Local: (636) 527-5924 | Fax: (707) 598-2734|
|Hours: Monday to Friday, 9AM - 5PM CST | Email: [email protected]|
|Copyright © 1999-2018 PC PitStop, all rights reserved, all customers served|