AKiTiO Node Pro - T3NP-T3DIY-AKTU
The Node Pro provides an additional PCIe slot for Thunderbolt 3 computers (e.g. laptop computers) where installing an internal expansion card is not an option and for systems where there is not enough space for more PCIe cards.
Manufacturer part number:
The Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) connection not only makes adding an external PCIe card easy but it also allows you to take the device with you to use on location and move it from one system to another. Installing and replacing the PCIe card is a simple matter of removing a few thumb screws and does not require any tools.
- Thunderbolt™ 3 for lightning fast transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps
- Dedicated DisplayPort for additional monitor to expand the workspace
- 2nd Thunderbolt port supports Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1, and DisplayPort devices
- USB power delivery provides 60W of power to recharge compatible laptops
- Built-in 500W SFX power supply with an extra pair of 8-pin PCIe power connectors
- 1 PCIe (x16) slot supporting full-length, full-height, double-width cards
- 4 lane PCI Express 3.0 compliant interface
- Wire mesh panel to dissipate heat from cards with on-board fans
- Retractable carry handle to easily transport the device
- No tools required for installation of PCIe card
Supports PCIe Gen3 x4 cards
The PCIe (x16) slot accepts full-length, full-height, double-width cards and provides a maximum of 75W. The four PCIe Gen3 lanes and the Thunderbolt 3 interface are capable of transfer rates up to 40Gbps, providing enough bandwidth for both the internal PCIe card as well as any additional Thunderbolt devices in the daisy chain.
Thunderbolt 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40 Gbps, creating one compact port that does it all – delivering the fastest, most versatile connection to any dock, display, or data device. For the first time, one computer port connects to Thunderbolt devices, every display, and billions of USB devices. A single cable now provides four times the data and twice the video bandwidth of any other cable, while also supplying power to bus-powered devices.
The Node Pro has two Thunderbolt 3 ports. The second port operates the same as a Thunderbolt 3 computer port by supporting Thunderbolt 3 (up to 5 daisy-chained), USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices.
The dedicated DisplayPort connector makes it easy to connect an additional monitor to extend your workspace. This video output capability requires a Thunderbolt 3 connection to the computer and will free up the second Thunderbolt 3 port for Thunderbolt 3 (up to 5 daisy-chained), USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices.