Terms and Conditions of SaleWe strive to offer the best possible service. If you have questions regarding invoices or questions regarding your order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call. You can also fax us at (707) 598-2734. We are very responsive to email requests and will get back to you swiftly. When you contact us, please indicate your order or invoice number for faster service.
Shipping timetable: Our cutoff time for order processing is 2:30pm Central Time. Once processed the majority of orders will ship the same day, but be advised that the following conditions apply depending on the shipping method chosen:
- Air Shipments (2-Day or Overnight Priority): Your order will be shipped the same day it is processed.
- Ground: Please allow up to 3 business days for delivery after processing (in practice, over 80% of ground shipments are shipped either the same or within 1 business day.)
We realize how important it is for you to receive your order in a timely manner, therefore the cutoff time is not strict and we frequently process orders beyond this deadline (we have processed and shipped orders received at 5pm same day) - however if placing your order after 2:30pm and in a rush, please contact us to find out if we are able to ship.
Please note that all our custom storage enclosures, subsystems and servers are burn-in tested for several hours at a minimum and 24-hours typical prior to shipment. Off-the-shelf third-party items (such as hard disks, controllers and cables) are not. We can perform complete system tests or extended burn-ins if requested (which may incur additional delays of typically 1 to 5 business days as well as a labor fee) - please contact us for details
Back-Orders: Since we don't have online inventory at this time, the occasional back-order is unfortunately inevitable. If an item cannot be shipped within the timeframe specified above, you will be notified via email and given the opportunity to cancel the item on back-order or cancel the order completely. If we fail to notify you, we will upgrade your service to Fedex 2-day free of charge. Unless cancelled, your order will be shipped as soon as the back-ordered item(s) are available.
Support: Call us anytime during our business hours or email us, for any issues or questions you may have. We'd be more than happy to assisst in any way we can. For issues where controller cards or other third-party parts are used with our systems, give us a call first - chances we'll be able to address your question in a more efficient way. We offer lifetime support for most products we carry, regardless of the warranty.Warranty: Our warranty is only applicable to our own products, including RAID Machine units and some accessories such as cables. The warranty for all controllers, hard drives and other branded items are through their respective manufacturers, unless specified otherwise.
Our standard warranty period is 1-year with most higher-end units having 3-year warranties, again unless specified otherwise. The warranty covers parts, labor and ground shipping costs from us to you for any replaced or repaired parts. We are usually able to diagnose the specific issue and would only require the individual defective part to be shipped back to us, should you prefer to do so. We do not offer a universal advance replacement program, so certain parts such as controllers may have to be shipped back for repair - however there are exceptions, especially early in the warranty period, so please inquire for your specific case if you need an advance replacement.
Returns for credit: Returns are hassle-free. In addition to the standard warranty, we have a 30-day (based on the invoice date) return policy for all items (except for hard drives & SSDs) unless indicated otherwise. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, they can be returned for exchange or a refund within this RMA period. All returns require an RMA number - please see below for details. Your return will be processed within 5-business days (2-3 typical) of receiving the original package. The following restrictions apply to al returns for credit:
- Shipping costs are not refundable unless we've made an error in fulfilling your order such as unacceptable delay in shipment, item not as described etc (correctable issues such as hardware failures not included.) Please note we reserve the right to make the call as to what constitues an error on our part.
- Items (except for hard drives and SSDs - please see next paragraph) returned for refund or exchange with non-identical items are subject to a 15% restocking fee to cover our processing costs. Restocking fees can be waived at our discretion if there is an error on our part (as described above) or if we are unable to resolve a hardware defect in a timely manner. Restocking fees are based on the current sale price of the item at the time your RMA is issued.
- Hard drives and SSDs must be returned within 15 days and are subject to a 30% restocking fee. (This is due to the special nature of hard drives and SSDs - in most cases we have to absorb such returns as a loss since they cannot be resold.)
- Returned items should be in like-new condition, have original packaging intact, where applicable, and must include all the parts (CDs, manuals, cables etc). Please note that this is very important - we do receive a significant number of returns with physical damage, missing parts or without the original packaging, and we are unable to accept such returns, or must pass-on the costs of refurbishment to you. Of course any damage in transit is an exception, and you are fully insured against such loss - please feel free to open and inspect any package showing signs of damage, it will absolutely not affect your return.
The Return Process: If you need to return a product within the RMA period, please email email@example.com to obtain an RMA number. No package will be accepted without an RMA number. In your email please include:
- Invoice number or order number
- The item you are returning and whether you are requesting a refund or an exchange
- Reason for return
- Name and return address including a phone number, if requesting an exchange and different from the original order
- Whether you require an advance replacement (please see above for details - we will let you know if the option is available.)
Disclosures: Due to the nature of our business, prices, specifications, warranties and availability are subject to change at any moment.
Typographical or graphical errors happen despite the fact we do our best to prevent them. PC PitStop does not assume responsibility for typographical error or misrepresentation of product images or details. If you find an inaccuracy please let us know and we will fix it, however we cannot guarantee we'll be able to honor prices or specifications that are inaccurate.
We've been selling computer storage online since 1999 and have built a loyal following of Fortune 500 companies, educational institutions, government agencies, multimedia studios, consultants, you name it.
Our mission is to be competitive on selection and prices, while providing truly unmatched personal service. Everyone you reach here has in-depth experience with RAID storage. This means we can provide real-world insight into topics like performance, compatibility, bang for the buck, and the best solution for your needs.read more
|Register (New)||Privacy||About Us||Canada|
|Location: PC PitStop | 16321 Westwoods Business Park | Ellisville, MO 63021|
|Toll Free: (800) 298-4173 | Local: (636) 527-5924 | Fax: (707) 598-2734|
|Hours: Monday to Friday, 9AM - 5PM CST | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Copyright © 1999-2016 PC PitStop, all rights reserved, all customers served|