SCSI adapters allow us to attach a particular device to a cable with a different style of connector. For example, in order to attach a drive with a 68 pin female connector to a 50 pin female cable, you would need a 68 pin male to 50 pin male adapter. When we describe our adapters, we are telling you what the actual gender of the connectors on the adapter is, not what you need to connect to it. For example: An internal 68 pin male to 50 pin male adapter has male connectors on each end. You would need to plug female ends into both sides of the adapter.
Please click on the following links to continue:
Tips on Buying Adapters
- Ensure you are using the correct adapter for your connectors. Here's a table of various connectors to help you. The numbers represent the pin counts. All connectors are as seen on the devices - they are all female except for internal 50 pin and SCA devices, which have male connectors.
Image Name Width Connector type Centronics 50 2.5" External Narrow DB25 1.5" External Narrow HD50 1.38" External Narrow IDC 50 2.6" Internal Narrow HD68 (external) 1.8" External Wide HD68 (internal) 1.8" Internal Wide VHDCI 68 1.25" External Wide SCA 80 2.15" Internal Wide Hotswap
- When you put a single-ended(SE) device on the same cable with LVD devices (Ultra2/U160/U320) the bus speed will drop down to 40MB/s. When you attach a wide device (68 pin) to a narrow cable (50 pin) you may see a slight decrease in performance of the device.
- When attaching narrow devices to a wide cable, it is strongly recommended to use an adapter with high byte termination.
- Internal cabling: Standard 50 pin SCSI cabling has female connectors while 50 pin drives have male connectors. Standard 68 pin cabling is the opposite. It has male connectors while 68 pin drives have female connectors.
- External cabling: External SCSI cables have just two connectors and they are typically male unless it is an extension cable, where one connector is male and the other is female. External devices will typically have female connectors.
We've been selling computer storage online since 1999 and have built a loyal following of Fortune 500 companies, educational institutions, government agencies, multimedia studios, consultants, you name it.
Our mission is to be competitive on selection and prices, while providing truly unmatched personal service. Everyone you reach here has in-depth experience with RAID storage. This means we can provide real-world insight into topics like performance, compatibility, bang for the buck, and the best solution for your needs.read more
|Register (New)||Privacy||About Us||Canada|
|Location: PC PitStop | 16321 Westwoods Business Park | Ellisville, MO 63021|
|Toll Free: (800) 298-4173 | Local: (636) 527-5924 | Fax: (707) 598-2734|
|Hours: Monday to Friday, 9AM - 5PM CST | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Copyright © 1999-2016 PC PitStop, all rights reserved, all customers served|