Areca ARC-1222 8-Port SAS RAID Controller
PCIe x8 interface, Fast Intel IOP348 800MHz processor, 2 internal 4-port SFF-8087 connectors, 256mb cache, Supports up to 8 SAS or SATA hard drives, OEM packaging with cables included.
Areca high-performance PCIe to SAS RAID host adapter can provide up to 8 SAS/SATA ll peripheral devices. The adapters are based on the same RAID kernel of field-proven external RAID adapter. Applications that benefit most features from these controllers include NAS, server RAID solutions, web servers, supercomputing, near-line backup, security systems and streaming applications.
- Intel 800MHz IOP348 I/O processor with SAS controller
- PCIe x8 link host interface
- 256MB on-board DDR2-533 SDRAM with ECC protection
- Support write-through or write-back cache
- Multi-adapter support for large storage requirements
- BIOS boot support for greater fault tolerance
- BIOS PnP (plug and play) and BBS (BIOS boot specification) support
- Intel RAID engine support extreme performance RAID 6 function
- NVRAM for RAID configuration & transaction log
- Redundant flash image for adapter availability
- Battery Backup Module ready (Option)
- RoHS Compliant
- RAID level 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60, Single Disk or JBOD
- Multiple RAID selection
- Online array roaming
- Online RAID level/stripe size migration
- Online capacity expansion and RAID level migration simultaneously
- Online volume set growth
- Instant availability and background initialization
- Automatic drive insertion / removal detection and rebuilding
- Greater than 2TB per volume set (64-bit LBA support)
- Disk scrubbing/array verify scheduling for automatic repair of all configured RAID sets
- Support spin down drives when not in use to extend service life (MAID)
- Support NTP protocol synchronize RAID controller clock over the on board Ethernet port
Disk Bus Interface
- Up to 8 SAS/SATA II HDDs (no expander capability)
- Up to 3Gbps per drive port
- System status indication through global HDD activity/fault connector, individual fault connector, LCD/I2C connector and alarm buzzer
- SMTP support for email notification
- SNMP support for remote manager
- Enclosure management (Serial bus and SGPIO) ready
- Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista
- Novell Netware 6.5
- Solaris 10 x86/x86_64
- SCO Unixware 7.x.x
- Mac OS X 10.x (EFI BIOS Support)
Connect a SAS controller with internal 36 pin miniSAS connector directly to the 29pin SAS connectors on your SAS hard drives. 4 drives per cable, also works with SATA drives. Power is supplied via the pass-through molex power connectors, so you would need up to four molex-style power connectors available - see Related Items on the description page for adapters that may help.
Connects to all Areca controllers and provides RAID status, warnings, etc.
Drive Bays: (8) 3.5" HotSwap SATA, (1) Slim Floppy, (1) Slim CDROM, Dimensions: 3.5"(H) x 19"(W) x 28"(D), 600W Zippy PSU, Rails included.
Drive Bays: (8) 3.5" HotSwap SATA, (1) Slim Floppy, (1) Slim CDROM, Dimensions: 3.5"(H) x 19"(W) x 28"(D), Redundant 500W Zippy PSU, Rails included.
We've been selling computer storage online since 1999 and have built a loyal following of Fortune 500 companies, educational institutions, government agencies, multimedia studios, consultants, you name it.
Our mission is to be competitive on selection and prices, while providing truly unmatched personal service. Everyone you reach here has in-depth experience with RAID storage. This means we can provide real-world insight into topics like performance, compatibility, bang for the buck, and the best solution for your needs.read more
|Register (New)||Privacy||About Us||Canada|
|Location: PC PitStop | 16321 Westwoods Business Park | Ellisville, MO 63021|
|Toll Free: (800) 298-4173 | Local: (636) 527-5924 | Fax: (707) 598-2734|
|Hours: Monday to Friday, 9AM - 5PM CST | Email: email@example.com|
|Copyright © 1999-2013 PC PitStop, all rights reserved, all customers served|